Food and Nutrition Ingredients
Acacia Gum Powder
- Botanical Source: Acacia
- Appearance: White To Yellowish-white Powder
- Particle Size: 98% Pass 80 Mesh
- PH(25% Solution, 20℃): 3.5-6.5
- HCL Insolution Matter: ≤1.0%
- CAS No: 9000-01-5
Gum Arabic comes from the trunk secretions of the leguminous plant Acacia, so it is also known as Acacia Gum. The main components of gum arabic are high-molecular polysaccharides and calcium, magnesium, and potassium salts.
It mainly includes gum aldehyde, galactose, glucuronic acid and so on. High-quality gum arabic is amber in color, with large and round particles, and is mainly produced in Africa.
|Product Name||Acacia Gum Powder|
|Appearance||White To Yellowish-white Powder|
|Particle Size||98% Pass 80 Mesh|
|HCL Insolution Matter||≤1.0%|
|Shelf Life||24 Months|
Acacia Gum Powder Function
- Treats infections and diseases of the throat, teeth and mouth
- The role of cleansing wounds and wounds
Acacia Gum Powder Application
Gum Arabic was once the most widely used hydrosol in the food industry.
Gum Arabic basically does not produce heat and is a good water-soluble dietary fiber. It is used in health products, confectionery and beverages.
In medicine, gum arabic also has the effect of lowering blood cholesterol. Gum Arabic is also widely used in other industries. The application in the food industry can be summarized as natural emulsion stabilizer, thickener, suspending agent, adhesive, film forming agent, glazing agent, water-soluble dietary fiber, etc.
Gum Arabic is a solid crystal, when it is soaked in water, it will absorb water and swell, and finally become a viscous colloidal solution. Apply the liquid colloid on the printing plate, and after the water evaporates, the glue will return from the liquid state to the original solid state and adsorb on the surface of the printing plate.
Its principle is that after the glue is dried, it covers the surface of the printing plate in the form of a hardened film to isolate the printing plate from the air, thereby achieving the purpose of preventing oxidation.
How To Use Acacia Gum Powder?
Adding gum arabic to the production of soda concentrate can stabilize the flavor and essential oil. Gum arabic is used for the emulsification and dispersion of essential oil and oil-soluble pigments in carbonated beverages such as cola, to avoid bottlenecks and pigment accumulation caused by essential oil floating.
Pigment ring. Gum Arabic can hinder the formation of sugar crystals. Used as an anti-crystallization agent in candy to prevent crystallization. It also effectively emulsifies the cream in the toffee to avoid spillage. Gum arabic is also used with vegetable oils and resins. It is used as an atomizer for beverages to increase the variety of beverage appearance.
- According to my country’s GB2760-86 regulations, it can be used as a thickener in beverages, chocolate, ice cream, and jam, and the maximum dosage is 0.5-5.0g/kg.
- According to the provisions of FAO/WHO (1984), the usage and limit is 10g/kg, canned green beans and soybeans, sweet corn, mushrooms, asparagus, green beans, etc.
- Dosage for processed cheese: 8g/kg (used alone or mixed with other thickeners).
- The dosage of pickled cucumbers is: 500g/kg (used alone or in combination with other co-solvents and dispersants).
- The dosage of canned carrots is: 10g/kg (used alone or in combination with other thickeners).
- The dosage of cream is: 5g/kg (used alone or compounded with other thickeners and modifiers, only used for pasteurized whipped cream or ultra-high temperature whipped cream and sterilized cream).
- Cold drinking amount: 10g/kg (based on the final product, used alone or in combination with other emulsifiers, stabilizers, and thickeners).
How To Buy Acacia Gum Powder?
If you need assistance, please email email@example.com or submit a request through our website. We’re here to help!
Have any questions?
Let's get in touch!
Contact us if your are thinking of purchasing highquality ingredients, develop new products, or justsolving a manufacturing challenge in your rawmaterials.