Food and Nutrition Ingredients
- Product Name: D-Galactose
- Appearance: White Crystalline Powder
- CAS No: 59-23-4
- Chemical Formula: C6H12O6
- Specification: 90%;98%
- Melting Point: 165 – 168 ℃
D-Galactose is a monosaccharide that acts as an energy source and a glycation component. It is the C-4 epimer of glucose and is commonly used as a carbon source in media. Galactose, a component of the disaccharide lactose, is released upon hydrolysis by β-galactosidase.
D-galactose is commonly found in milk as part of the disaccharide lactose. L-galactose is found in polysaccharides such as agar.
|Appearance||White Crystalline Powder|
|Melting Point||165 – 168 ℃|
|Solubility||100% Water Soluble 680 g/L(25℃)|
- Promote infant intellectual development
- Used as a nutritional sweetener
- Induce the expression of uncoupling protein (UCP) in yeast transformants
- Used as raw material to add in wine, fruit juice, bread, cake, cookies, candy and other foods
- As food additives, not only improve the color, fragrance and taste, but improve the nutritional value of food
- Raw material used to create other products. The specific items being processed contain medicinal ingredients that are activated through a biochemical pathway.
- Galactosyltransferase is an enzyme that uses galactose to transfer labels to proteins.
- 2-Propanol is a key ingredient in the synthesis of many important intermediates. It is used extensively in medicine, food and other industries due to its versatile nature.
How To Use It?
D-galactose industry is mainly used in the field of medicine and food. Among them, in the field of medicine, it can be used in the development of targeted drugs, biochemical reagents, culture media, synthetic starting materials, and product preparation excipients.
The most commonly used model is the subacute aging model induced by D-galactose, which can cause metabolic abnormalities in important organs such as the heart, liver, kidney, and brain, similar to the natural aging behavior of humans.
How To Buy D-Galactose?
If you need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your request at the bottom of this page. We’re here to help you in any way we can.
Have any questions?
Let's get in touch!
Contact us if your are thinking of purchasing highquality ingredients, develop new products, or justsolving a manufacturing challenge in your rawmaterials.