Food and Nutrition Ingredients
- Other Name: β-galactosidase
- CAS No: 9031-11-2
- Molecular Formula: C6H12O6
- Solubility: Soluble In Water
- Appearance: White Powder
- Specification: 10000 ALU/G by UV
Lactase, also known as β-galactosidase, is a digestive enzyme in the human body. It is the most important digestive enzyme for infants and young children whose main source of nutrition is breast milk/milk powder.
The main function of lactase is to digest lactose and hydrolyze lactose into galactose and glucose that can be absorbed by the human body. It also has the function of transferring galactosidase, converting galactose into lactose to generate galactooligosaccharides, which is used as a bacterial action factor for the development of functional foods.
Lactase is mainly used in the dairy industry. It converts low sweetness, low solubility lactose into sweeter, more soluble simple sugars. Lactase can reduce the possibility of crystallization of lactose in ice cream, concentrated milk, and evaporated milk, while increasing sweetness.
|Solubility||Soluble in Water|
|Specification||10000 ALU/G by UV|
|Certified||Kosher, HALAL, FDA, ISO|
|Storage||Cool Dry Place|
- Prevent lactose indigestion
- Relieve diarrhea
- Support gastrointestinal health
- Catalyzes the breakdown of lactose. Lactase is mainly used in the dairy industry, using its hydrolysis to decompose lactose in dairy products to produce low-lactose or lactose-free dairy products. In addition, acid lactase can be made into lactase preparations for the treatment of symptomatic lactose intolerance, especially for infants whose main source of nutrition is dairy products. It can also be added to milk powder to make special purpose milk powder.
- Galactoside transfer. It can generate galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) that promote the proliferation of probiotics.
How to use Lactase?
Lactase is available as a digestive aid in dietary supplements. In addition, it is also suitable for adding yogurt to food processing. Due to its transglycosylation, it can also be used to produce functional galacto-oligosaccharides.
If people take lactase as a supplement, the recommended dose is 300 mg per day, but some people get as much as 810 mg per day.
How to buy Lactase?
At FocusHerb, we’re dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible service. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your inquiry through our online form. We’ll be happy to assist you however we can.
Have any questions?
Let's get in touch!
Contact us if your are thinking of purchasing highquality ingredients, develop new products, or justsolving a manufacturing challenge in your rawmaterials.