- Botanical Source: Rosmarinus Officinalis
- Active Ingredient: Carnosic acid1%, 5%, 25%, 50%, 98%
- Appearance: Brown Yellow Fine Powder
- Plant Part Used: Leaf
- Particle Size: 98% Pass 80 Mesh
- CAS No.: 3650-09-7
Carnosic acid is a potent antioxidant that is only activated when it comes into contact with free radicals. This means that it does not adversely affect human cells.
Furthermore, carnosic acid has been shown to stimulate the growth of nerves, which could be key in repairing nerve cell damage and death caused by degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
|Product Name||Carnosic Acid|
|Botanical Source||Rosmarinus Officinalis|
|Active Ingredient||Carnosic Acid1% 5% 25% 50% 98%|
|Appearance||Brown Yellow Fine Powder|
|Plant Part Used||Leaf|
|Particle Size||98% Pass 80 Mesh|
|Shelf Life||24 Months|
The Function Of Carnosic Acid
- Carnosic acid has been shown to have varying levels of inhibitory effects on Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, and Hansenula yeast. As such, it can be used as a food preservative.
- Highly effective in terms of free radical scavenging and antioxidant effects. Its DPPH, ABTS free radical scavenging ability and iron reduction antioxidant ability are stronger than that of Vitamin E, slightly weaker than the synthetic antioxidant TBHQ, and its reducing ability is stronger than Vitamin E and TBHQ.
- Carnosic acid’s fat-solubility allows it to effectively inhibit the formation of peroxides and the decomposition of polyene fatty acids in oils, thereby extending the shelf life of the oils.Furthermore, studies have found that carnosic acid can effectively scavenge oxygen free radicals in mouse liver cells and reduce the production of lipid peroxides. This in turn stabilizes the cell membrane.Carnosic acid can also inhibit the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein, which can effectively prevent the occurrence of atherosclerosis.
- The ingestion of carnosic acid has been shown to have inhibitory effects on HL-60 cell proliferation, making it a potential new drug for the treatment of hematological malignancies, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer.Additionally, carnosic acid and other rosemary extracts have proven therapeutic effects against heart disease and respiratory diseases. Furthermore, carnosic acid has antibacterial properties that can inhibit HIV infection.
Carnosic Acid Application
- Food additive.
- Cosmetic products.
- Healthcare products.
Why FocusHerb Carnosic Acid?
FocusHerb has been concentrating on the production and development of plant extracts for numerous years. We offer Food and Nutrition Ingredientsat reasonable prices.
They are put through tough independent testing to make sure that they are safe to consume around the globe.
How To Buy Carnosic Acid?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your needs at the bottom of the page, and we will be happy to assist you.
Have any questions?
Let's get in touch!
Contact us if your are thinking of purchasing highquality ingredients, develop new products, or justsolving a manufacturing challenge in your rawmaterials.